Wednesday, May 28, 2014

In the Know : Stila Palette Review

sephora-0002

What sold me on this particular palette other than the beautiful orange shadow called "Fire", is that they are all matte.  Finally!  I just wanted a palette with no useless silver shimmer in it, and here it is!

Not only does this palette not include a useless shimmer I will never wear, it includes an eyeliner that I will actually use!  Score!  The eyeliner is a creamy deep smoky grey which I am actually loving.  It really ties the whole palette together, and it's not a thoughtless black that they just threw in.  Cheers to that!

sephora-0001

The shade of this "smudge stick" is "Honeymoon". It's nice and creamy, but I'm not a huge fan of the twisty pencils…

Honeymoon

These shadows have a nice, creamy texture that blend surprisingly well.   I am really loving every single shade; also loving the names. This palette just reminds me of the Arizona desert. LOVE.  "Air" and "Wind" are perfect for highlighting under the brow or brightening up the lid.  "Wind" is just a tad more beige than "Air".  I love "Clay" and "Desert"  as transition and blending shades!  I would also use them if I was doing a really soft look with minimal eyeliner.

stila1

Love these colors. They are  SO pigmented and so gorgeous.  What really caught my eye about this palette was "Fire".  It is a beautiful burnt orange.  It reminds me of the Arizona sunsets.  "Persia" by Nars is pretty similar to this shade. Nars is just a bit more red.  I love smudging this shade"on my bottom lash line. "Driftwood" and "Rain" are SO pretty!  Neutral-y cool taupe shades.  "Smoke" has a hint of deep blue.  "Ebony" is just a muted standard black, nothing special about it, but I like it.

stila-2

Although I like this palette more for about $23-$25,  it is $39. Unfortunately I missed the Ulta special they had last month on this palette. Only $20! UGH! Anyway...  Stila really created a lovely, versatile palette.   I don't like the packaging.  I feel like I lose a lot of product between the pans. Other than that, I would actually repurchase this. Great palette to take on your trips.

Check it out! Hope you love it as much as I do.

XOXO

Marysinn

No comments:

Post a Comment